Final Day- Santiago de Compostela


Early start, early breakfast with hundreds of other walkers, cyclists…Rain was pouring down.









The walk was through woods and hamlets, no major hills or challenges. A brief coffee stop, when we finally found a cafe that was open.  The last 24kilometres disappeared. We took a tiny detour off the Camino for further sustenance (in my case coffee and the biggest pain au chocolat I’ve ever seen - more of a loaf).





It was still raining when we got our 

first glimpse of the cathedral, at about 8km away. You perhaps won’t be able to identify it on the photo, but it’s there.




As we reached the outskirts of Santiago de Compostela the rain stopped, as did the signs and arrows guiding us on our way.  More by luck than judgement we found the cathedral and after obtaining our certificates - all computerised, no monks in a scriptorum any more, we finally stopped walking and relaxed. 










I will probably write more about my experiences on the Camino but for now, I will just rest and celebrate the fact that I have no blisters and my feet are in no worse state than the day I set out.

Comments

  1. This is absolutely amazing, well done Jacqui again! Don't think we could have done the same. Thank you for sharing your journey and the wonderful photographs. Hope there is a soothing massage and a spa in the next day or two. Relax, you have earned it. Usha and Garry xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your lovely comments. Its sunny here, no spa required 😊

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My apologies.

Hairdressers and Happy Christmas

Seasons Greetings